Sunday, December 04, 2005

I really need to be on the computer

I have not had a productive weekend. Unless you call stuffing myself with food productive. Then I have!!
I had the weirdest thing happen in Skills Lab. Now mind you I have seen some pretty gross things thus far. Some pretty nasty wounds, debridement (which I just thought was so cool), a wound where two toes use to be. I've seen organs being removed, bellies being sliced open and don't forget the blood! I can't even begin to tell you about the other bodily functions. Now I don't really think it's gross. Just part of the job. Doesn't seem to bother me as of yet. Know what get me queasy and weak in the knees? The thought of packing a wound. WTF????? My instructor was sitting there explaining how to do it and I am getting nauseated. I'm a strange girl indeed. Hopefully, I can handle the real thing when it comes around and I don't end up in the bed next to the patient. And it's not so much the packing that really bothers me but pulling the previous packing out of the wound. Double ick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home