Thursday, December 21, 2006

Tidbits.

I can't believe that school is finally over with. I still haven't had a chance to relax though. I am taking the time this morning to get my house cleaned, get my hair done and hopefully catch up on my email and some blogs. Hopefully! I am going to have to post about what a nightmare my last clincial day was. The nurses on that floor were just bitches to us.
Baby's sisters came in late Tuesday night. I spent the day over there with them. It is so fun having his nieces and nephew here. I am so glad that they were able to come early. It has been fun having them here.
The pool is covered and the tent is up!! They came and finished up yesterday and delivered the tables and chairs. I have everything that I need for my outfit. We went and bought baby an outfit yesterday. He didn't want to wear anything traditional but we said it would look funny with all of us dressed up in shalawars and lenghas. He isn't thrilled with the ideal but he looks gorgeous in it!!!
I went for a trial makeup run yesterday and it didn't turn out so well. I was going to have her come and do my makeup but I think I will just have my mom do it. I think my mom really wants to do it anyway.
I am having a mehndi party Saturday with just his family. It should be fun and I'm really looking forward to getting my henna done. I have never had it done so it should be interesting. It took forever to book someone. What a nightmare! His mom had a number for a lady but she's going to be in New York the night that I want it done. I had the hardest time either getting a hold of people or they were out of my price range. I found someone by pure luck. I was driving along and noticed a new place and decided to try them. They are super nice and they were in my price range, masha'allah.
So now all I have to do is get my hair done and pick up some scrapbook pages, photo corners, pens for my guestbook and my friend's Polaroid camera and I am done! I bought a really pretty scrapbook and I'm going to have people take pictures of themselves (only if they want to) and then sign by their pic. Or they can just sign the page. I looked a books and I didn't see any that I liked so I just decided to go with the scrapbook because I'm going to use it anyway!

2 Comments:

At 21 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you! I love your idea for the scrapbook where everyone takes a picture and signs the book. So neat! Insha-Allah you will have a wonderful day!

 
At 26 December, 2006, Blogger peachy said...

I'm glad school is over, and it's cheaper to let your mom do your makeup anyway. Plus, if she wants to, she'll work really hard to make your beautiful!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home