Saturday, November 11, 2006

I heart Saturdays!


Well, I am finally rested and my house is cleaned, my laundry is caught up and I have my sanity back. All good.

It was a really busy week. I was lacking on sleep so when Friday rolled around I wasn't the most pleasant person to be around. Just ask baby.

I had an exam on Tuesday that went very well, masha allah. My clinical day on Wed. was fabulous. All except the patient that went MIA. I didn't realize that he wasn't coming back until 11:30. We are off the floor at 12pm. Apparently the RN forgot to mention that he was being moved to a different floor in report. So I only had one patient and all went well.

I spent Thursday shadowing a nurse in OR. She was super cool but the surgeries were blah. Just a veriocelectomy (sp?) and a vasectomy. I missed the thyroidectomy. That would have been really interesting. Not to mention better than staring at someone's testicles. So the first nurse had to leave and was replaced by another nurse. She was a tad bit annoying. She said the most annoying thing when I left. "Don't forget to wash your hands. Remember that we wash our hands after we take off our gloves". Really? Because they never freaking taught us that one lady. It took all I had to hold in what I truly wanted to say.

I have been a tad bit frustrated lately with people. I have been getting treated like I either know nothing or I am getting treated like I'm freaking 18. Mom told me that I need to let some lioness out and maybe people will back off. I'm just afraid that a little too much will come out at this point.

So I got into my "first" wedding fight. Well, ok, not so much a fight. More like me screaming like a mad woman. It was over the Nikah and it wasn't pretty. I feel really bad now but I was just frustrated with his mom. I know she doesn't mean any harm but sometimes she just gets to me. Everything that I suggested was knocked down.

So, I have start the official wedding planning. I have found a dress that I love but I don't know if I will like it when I see it in person. I have also found a couple of places to look at for the ceremony/reception. I have decided to make my bridesmaids cards asking them to be in the wedding. I've never made cards so wish me luck! I'm having more than I planned on. My MOH, 4 bridesmaids, 2 jr. bridesmaids and two flower girls.

So, I'm going to try to be productive tonight!!!:) I did to start working on some papers and start planning my booth for women's day.

5 Comments:

At 12 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get ready for more turbulence as you move through the wedding planning process...it's not ALL fun and games, thanks to the people who think you should plan it to accomodate THEM!!

 
At 12 November, 2006, Blogger pixie said...

Yeah, I'm already getting a taste of that:( How is your wedding planning coming along?

 
At 12 November, 2006, Blogger Tara said...

Insha'Allah the wedding planning goes ok. I know it's not easy!! I have one word for you - relax! Or try to ya know. I know, easier said than done, right?!?! ha ha!

Congrats on doing so well on the exam! That rocks! And makes ya feel good, too!!

Best of luck with the planning! It'll all work out! :)

((hugs))

Tara :)

 
At 14 November, 2006, Blogger pixie said...

Tara: Yeah, I'm going to try to relax and enjoy myself. It is just the culture shock thing, you know.

 
At 17 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay wedding. Yay Planning. Yay cake. Not-so-Yay in-laws. Don't stress. The marriage is more important and seriously sista, I want to see links and pictures of everything, in case I get married anytime soon. Deal?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home