Sunday, September 24, 2006

Boo-hoo

I don't want the weekend to be over. I'm not ready to go back to school!!! I have much to do and I feel like nothing got done. I went to the masjid Friday for my first Tarawih (spelling?). Ok, I wasn't expecting to be sore afterwards!!! I also didn't realize that we were doing 20 rakats either. I came home and just crashed afterwards. So I was all excited about my first fast. Well, the joke was on me. I won't be able to fast until next week. Grr. But it's probably best this way. I won't get use to it then have to start all over and be miserable again. It's all good.
We went looking for an outfit for the nikah last night. I didn't find anything. It is a little early and I was just looking to get an ideal of what I wanted. My mom told me to come up to Orlando to check out some places up there. But we are thinking we might do a weekend trip up to New York. I need some regular outfits too so it would be worth it. We made the guest list last night and I didn't realize so many people were coming. I guess I'm just surprised because it's mostly just his family coming.
So today I have to clean my apartment. There are clothes, books and papers everywhere! I also need to start studying. I can't slack off anymore after the first test. It was horrible. The highest grade was an 84 and passing is 75. All I can say is that I was in utter shock when I saw my grade. A BIG blow to my ego. So heads in books all the time. Oh, what fun it shall be. I am only going to say that I'm a little disappointed in this semester so far. Not what I expected. I just keep telling myself, 7 more months, insha'allah.
I also need to catch up my blogs. I haven't had a chance to read much lately and I'm missing people! It's weird that you care about people that you haven't ever met. The internet is a very strange thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home