Sunday, June 11, 2006

Day 8: Wed., June 7

Today me and mom took a look around town. We went to the Alaska zoo and it was really small but fun. I didn’t want to come to Alaska and not see bears!!! And they are safe so I won’t be some bears dinner. I don’t know why I have this fear of being ate by a bear. It is silly I know.
We saw some black bears, one polar bear, moose, caribou, an owl, an eagle, a coyote, a Siberian tiger and a duck. Though the duck wasn’t a resident of the zoo. I think he was there for some free food. J All the animals that were there were there because of injury and couldn’t’ survive in the wild. Poor things.
After that we decided to go downtown and walk around a bit. I got some souvenirs for friends and family. I still have some more things to pick up but I found a great shop and picked up of my stuff there. There is a market on the weekends that I want to hit before I leave. I hope I can find some interesting stuff there. We ate lunch at this place called Sweet Basil. It was just a funky little café that wasn’t on the main drag. It wasn’t too bad. I had the pasta and it was so-so. But the apple crisp was fantastic!! After lunch we went to this creek so I could see some wild salmon. They weren’t jumping but I did get to see them swim in a real stream! Maybe I will get to see some when I’m hiking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home