Thursday, June 01, 2006

I'm here!



I'm sitting here while my mom is at work trying to stay up. I'm watching family guy as I write this and the sun is still up! That just freaks me out a little:) I might add that it is 10: 47 p.m.
Well, the plane ride didn't start off well. A poor bird flew into the engine as it was landing at FLL and to top it off the flight was late getting there to begin with. Then I had the worst seats but the scenery flying into Phoenix made up for it. I have never been over the desert and it was beautiful. I have a thing for mountains. I think it's because I have lived in so many flat places:) The mountains were beautiful. I have never seen the desert and it was gorgeous! It looked like someone was building sand castles in the sand. I saw a huge canyon too!! It was weird once we starting getting into the city it started getting green and brown. It looked like a palette of eye shadow. And all the houses and streets were in perfectly lines rows. It looked like one big Monopoly board. I have never experienced the heat that I felt once I stepped off the plane. 106 degrees and it was suffocating. People say it isn't bad because it's dry heat. WTH ever. Hot is hot and it was beyond hot! I made by connecting flight by 10 minutes! I would have been miserable if I had to wait another hour.
The flight from Phoenix wasn't so bad. I sat next to some nice people from Orlando. They let me watch their DVD, Shall We Dance. Very cute movie by the way.
I love dance movies. I tried to sleep but it was impossible. I may have a gotten in a couple of 20 minute naps but that was it.
I was greeted by various mounted animal heads and one gigantic polar bear in the baggage claim. Well, welcome to the last frontier. I guess they like to hunt up here or something.

I am almost finished with For Laci. This book has made me so sad. I will never be able to understand how you can take someone's life, a life that you promised to share and build on. Especially when that person stood beside you and thought the world of you. I mean I could understand a little more if she was cheating on him or if he was abusive or something but they were so normal. It could be me or anyone I know. That is so scary to me. I really feel for her mother. To have to live everyday without your best friend and your daughter.
It just so sad to think that she had so much to live for and it was all taken away because one man was selfish and couldn't be a man enough to just walk away.

Well, I will venture out tomorrow around town and then we will be taking a drive Saturday! I can't wait to explore this place!

3 Comments:

At 02 June, 2006, Blogger peachy said...

Have fun!

 
At 02 June, 2006, Blogger samantha meli said...

I hope you have a great time sis! I love you and tell mom said hello and I love her!

 
At 04 June, 2006, Blogger *krystyn* said...

Oh I love love love Phoenix. Sorry though, Im one of those who thinks the dry heat is easier to tolerate that the hot sticky heat of FL. LOL. Have a great time in AK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home