Thursday, August 10, 2006

I read a very good post tonight over at Aisha's. It talks about the terror plot that was caught today. It is a very good read.
I can't even begin to express how I feel. I am sad, sick and just plain angry. I do not understand how anyone, Christian, Jew or Muslim, can take a life. I really just can not wrap my head around this. I am so tired of the hate and the fighting. I think about my actions and I try to be the best person that I can be. I feel guilty when I hurt someone. I feel guilty for not doing enough things to help people. I feel bad if I miss a prayer. I worry about what actions that I will have to answer for on my day of judgment. I know I'm a good person. I have my moments where I'm not so nice and I HATE it.
Then I see people like this who don't even care that they are killing people. That they will destroy these peoples families for taking this person away from them. I just can't believe that they actually think that they are doing Allah's work. It literally makes me sick to even think about this. It makes me ill just thinking that people will see me, a Muslim woman and think that I have the same thoughts as these horrid men who distort something beautiful and turn it into something so ugly.
I will never understand how there can be so much hate in God's creatures.

2 Comments:

At 11 August, 2006, Blogger peachy said...

It is really sad. Once something like this happens, everyone who is XX is classified. We're definitely living in scary times.

 
At 13 August, 2006, Blogger pixie said...

Peachy: I know it is sad. It would be amazing the things we could do as humans if we would but all our anger into something good.

Amira: Thanks. You are right that Allah does see all and that does give me some comfort.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home