Friday, August 18, 2006

Masha-Allah

It's Friday so you know what time it is!! Ok, well since this is only my second time doing this I guess you don't, hahahah!!!

Ok, today was a good day. Why you ask? Because I did nothing except play around on my computer and go to the masjid!!!

So here is my Masha-Allah list

1. Hot sauce. I know it's a weird one but I adore hot and spicy food. I get it from my momma. Baby bought me some hot sauce from Trinidad. It puts my other stuff to shame! Shame!

2. For a really good Khutbah that is getting me excited about Ramadan!! I will always love Ramadan because this is when I first really learned about Islam. I would always go over to break fast with baby's family and his uncle would always explain certain things to me. I was searching and I thought I would never pick Islam. I told baby no way on me converting. Well, I wanted to see what Fasting was all about so I picked a day where I didn't have a lot of studying and I was going to be home. That night when I prayed for the first time was just amazing. I knew right then and there.
But I am going to try really hard and try to set some goals up for myself this Ramadan and stick with them.

3. Being able to get food at the masjid after Khutbah. Yummy, yummy biriyani. I didn't have to cook today!!

4. For my shalwar kameez. It helps me feel less fat. That is ALWAYS good.

5. I lost a pound!!! woo-hoo!! I guess all that exercising I have been doing as really helped. I stayed up after Fajr and got on the treadmill. A whole 5 days in a row of workouts!!!:)Only 6 more lbs. to go!!!

6. Cat naps with my cat Shakespeare. He is the best sleeping partner ever!

Ok, I think I freaked my neighbor out today. I was walking down the stairs and he glanced at me and stayed on the sidewalk and looked away until I came down. He didn't recognize me until I said hello. He didn't know I converted and was in utter shock to say the least!!
Another thing that made me laugh is someone asking me what I know about fried chicken since I'm not black. WTF???? Um,ok, my grandma is from the south. I know all about fried chicken. She made the best. She also made everything that would be on a "Soul Food" menu. Um, hello a southern lady we are talking about. Lunch was not lunch. No lunch was dinner and it was not just a sandwich. It was enough food to feed an entire army. Enough said.
So my mom just called and we got into a fight. We hardly ever fight but she isn't happy and I know she hates Florida. She is never happy when I talk to her lately. NEVER. And she just told me to F&*$ off. That is so not my mom. I can't believe that she just told me that. So, that just turned my good day into a crappy night. Way to go mom.:(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home