Sunday, October 30, 2005

Thankful

Well, I had to go to three different Publix stores to find milk. I really wanted some chicken but the closest thing I got was a Caesar salad. I will wait until next week I guess. I got milk so I'm happy! I was driving around and looking at things and I think we are all so lucky. I mean it could have been so much worse. Especially since it was a 3 when it hit us. I was so freaking scared. I decided to stay home and unpack and clean up before the storm hit. I had gotten back from San Francisco that day and thought it was going to be no worse than a 2. Well, of course I overslept and was awoken by the sounds of Wilma. It shook my apartment like crazy. I wouldn't have been so scared but I live on the third floor. Caesar was hyperventalating and Shakes, who never freaks out, was freaking out. I mean trying to climb the walls, freaking out.
Baby came and got me during the eye of the storm. I stayed with him because I had no power and my neighbors went to their parents. I didn't' want to stay by myself with out power and phones. Screw that. They had a generator for the fridge and a grill so we had good food every night. I got rid of my salmon before it went bad. Luckily I didn't have a lot of food. We just got power back on Friday morning. I hopefully go back to school on Tues. It's a wait and see game. Oh, the price we pay to live here in Florida. But I have to say, I would still rather live here.:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home