Saturday, November 05, 2005

Coming up for Air

I can once again breathe. I am sure it won't last long. But I will take it as long as it will last. I have so much to write and don't know where to start! I guess I will just write in small bits. I am taking a break from cleaning my house. I gave my dining room a really good cleaning. It is so hard to keep your house clean when you aren't home. Well, school started back Wed. it was hard but nice to get back in that routine again. I missed everyone! We were suppose to have a Pharm. exam but she postponed it. You have no idea how happy I was about that. I really wasn't has prepared as I should have been. But we are not going to have to make up any extra days, we just will have a test every week in both pharm. and theory. I am not sure how I feel about that yet. But I did get my mid term grades. I have an 85 in Pharmacology and a 89.33 in my Nursing! I feel such a relief. M. joked that I will be the one to ask the questions in our study group since I am getting the best grades. Hahaha. What I am worried about is my papers. ARRGGG. I hate writing papers. I usually get A's on them they are just so freaking time consuming.

I have spent the last two days being immersed in Indian culture. Eid was Thursday. We weren't really having a skills lab so I was able to go. I didn't think I was going to get to go because it might have been Wed. I was mad at baby because he forgot to tell me that they go in the morning and not in the evening. I was like why didn't you tell me this before I bought a freakin 80 dollar outfit? Well, his mom bought for me but that wasn't the point. But it all worked out in the end. It was my first time in a Mosque and I was nervous because I thought everyone would be looking at this white girl thinking what the hell is she doing here? Well, I got invited to prayer/fasting thing on Thursdays and a lot of people came up to me to wish me a Happy Eid. How freaking wild is that? His mom laughed because they come every week and never get invited. I guess they thought I was from the Middle East. I was just smiling cause I really didn't know what else to do! I really enjoyed myself though. We went back to his mom's house with the whole family and ate lots and lots of food and watched Indian movies.

I went to mosque again yesterday. I really enjoyed myself. I think his family was a bit surprised that I wanted to go. He told them that I was just interested and I am. I like finding out about new religions. I guess it's because I am just searching. My mom told me that no matter where I go that I am going to find spirituality because that is just how I am. I just found going was a real eye opener. I used to think of Islam as this religion that really oppressed women but I guess it only takes a couple of fundamentalist to turn something good into something ugly. We got into a really big conversation on it last night. I like seeing this side of him. When I first met him I had no ideal that he had a spiritual side. That was a turn off but I guess I was wrong. People just amaze me sometimes. That's what I love about him. He always surprises me. And it's not in a bad way.

I got to see the little bugger yesterday. I have missed him so much! I was afraid that he wouldn't remember me but he came and not only gave me one big hug when he saw me but two big hugs and a kiss. I think he has missed everyone. His sister looks happy. Which is a good thing. I met her mother and father in law and they both seem very nice.

Well, I still haven't written about California and I am going to start on that. It was a very fun trip but California wasn't what I expected. I am going to have to visit Southern Cali. to see what the fuss is about I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home