Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Back in the game.

Well, sorta. I had my hospital orientation yesterday. The place is getting quite the build up I must say. They have a parking garage now! At least I won't be getting into any fights with the valet guys like last time. We just went over our goals for this rotation and took a tour of the floors. We will be in Labor and Delivery, the nursery, NICU and OB. I didn't see anything yesterday but I did get to hear it! A door was left open and we could hear the screaming and then a baby's cry! It was neat, especially when we got to see him in the nursery. This is all new to me. I'm never around babies, just toddlers. And there is so much new info and terminology I have never heard of! We had a frontloading of skills today. A little overwhelming to say the least. But my instructor seems really nice. I have had her in skills last semester for some check offs. I have to say she is one of those women who always look really put together. I'm a tad bit envious.:)

I actually have been good about procrastination. I have been getting up on time and I worked out yesterday and today! Woo-hoo! Hopefully I can keep this up because I am not going to the beach anytime soon with the way my thighs are looking.
Ok, I know this is a boring post but there isn't much going on right now! Hey sis, how about some updates on your blog? It has been awhile!:) Oh, mom sent your little one a letter from Santa when she went to the North Pole yesterday. She set it up so he would recieve it around Christmas.

3 Comments:

At 14 March, 2006, Blogger *krystyn* said...

I feel the same way about my thighs and the beach! Ugh! As much as I run and work out -they just don't get any smaller! How frustrating!

 
At 17 March, 2006, Blogger Southern Masala said...

Sounds like your experience at the hospital will be interesting. Do you want to be a pediatric or neo-natal nurse?

 
At 18 March, 2006, Blogger pixie said...

Southern masala: I really don't know yet:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home