Sunday, March 26, 2006

Is there a pill for procrastination?


I have an exam in 2 days and do you want to know how much I have studied for this exam? None! Horrible isn't it? My saving grace is that I do know some of the material because of all the biology and various other classes in women's health that I took at IU. I'm glad that I was minoring in women's studies while I was there because now it is finally coming into use. We are lucky and will have no clinical on Tuesday so we have a free day before the exam! I plan on getting together with my study group and cramming as much information as I possibly can. I have no clue why I am this way this semester. I guess I'm just burned out.
I had good intentions this weekend. I really did.
Friday just zoomed by though. I went to the masjid then came home to clean my house. Realized that I had a nasty clog in my tub.(ewwww, I have this thing about things like this). Well, I bought some Draino and ended up getting the Draino on my hands. I was fine and just washed my hands and thought nothing of it. Then I decided to read the bottle. Big mistake! It said to flush skin with water for 20 min. then go to the nearest ER. WTF?? But I realized that nothing was going to happen. Luckily I still have my fingers:) Note to self, never read the warnings.
The ladies group was having a brunch for the masjid today and me and baby went. Well, they were some booths there and I decided to make a purchase. One of the sisters is like "No, sister spend his money!", I had to giggle, my reply was "but sister it is his money that I'm spending".
There are 38 days left of this semester. I can not wait until they are over! Everyone under the sun keeps telling my that once you get done with the second semester it is so much better. Everyone agrees that it is the semester from hell. The thing is, that it isn't really hard. There is just this really bad vibe about it. I guess it doesn't help that most of us have been sick the entire semester. I am sick again! I am tired of feeling like crap. But I took a three hour nap today and since then I feel so much better. I guess I haven't been getting enough sleep.
Baby didn't like Bride and Predjudice. He could only tolerate the first 15 min. So we ended up watching Fried Green Tomatoes instead. A movie I can't believe he has never seen. I didn't think he would like it but he actually stayed awake for the whole thing! I was very impressed.
I get to spend tomorrow in the nursery. It should be fun I hope. I get to hold and feed babies!!!
I had a dream the other night that every boy I changed actually peed in my face.:( I so hope I don't forget to cover any little wee-wees. Of course ever since this rotation I have nothing but baby dreams. Kind of aggravating in a way, being around all this. I can hear my clock going, tick tock. Very, Very scary.

1 Comments:

At 26 March, 2006, Blogger *krystyn* said...

I am SO right there w/ya on the procrastination - I have a test on Thurs and a paper due as well - haven't started on the paper. The test is over 6 chapters -I've reviewed 2 so far. Not motivated at all and I'm dying for this semester to be over with!! It's been sheer torture!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home