Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Where's my weekend?

I got to see my first birth today!!!!!!!!! I have to say it was amazing. I thought that I would get all grossed out or maybe pass out but it didn't even phase me!!! I can't even begin to explain how I felt seeing someone come into this world. I'm so grateful that the family let me share in such a private special moment. I loved it!
I spent yesterday in Postpartum and it was extremely slow. I really didn't do much of anything. I did enjoy the babies though. The two moms I took care of were both first time moms and they did great. Then I spent today in Labor and delivery. It was more interesting and didn't have so much down time. I don't know if this is for me because I am one of those people that has to have something to do constantly. But who knows, where I'll end up. But I am enjoying this rotation so far.
We went to the Global Gathering Saturday night. Of course we got there at freaking 10. Grrr..
I kept trying to get their bums up all day but they did not rise until 5! Then it took forever for them to get ready and then we still had to eat. And to make matters worse the traffic into Miami was horrible. We got to see Ferry Corsten and that was it. But it was an awesome time. I got to get my groove on and that's always a good thing. Then we headed out to Space but I just was so tired that I didn't feel like going in. So we dropped the "girls" off and went home. Baby went back at 7 to pick them up and we just chilled out at my place for the rest of the day with some take out.
Yesterday was D. last day here so I decided to hang out with them after clinical. We had a really great dinner at the Cheesecake Factory in Ft. Lauderdale. I can never get over their portion size. I swear I have dinner for weeks. I can't even finish a normal dinner! Baby who can always clear his plate even had food leftover. Now that's amazing:) Then we did a little shopping and baby bought me some really cute shoes. I deserved them, hehehee. Then we went to Dave and Busters to play games. Well, they played games. I on the other hand have a serious addiction to Skee ball. I was kinda mean last night. I am not giving up my spot because some kid wants to play. I would any other time but I really think of Dave and Busters as an adult place. Hello, take your kids to Chucke Cheese. I don't know why you would take your kids some place where there are adults playing games and drinking but hey, whatever. Now older kids I can see but not the little ones.
I watched Bride and Predjudice Sunday. That was such a cute little movie! I really need to get better about getting my movies back in the mail. I'm sure Netflix loves me. I keep those darn movies forever!

2 Comments:

At 23 March, 2006, Blogger Southern Masala said...

Congrats on seeing your first birth, that is amazing. My sis made it through her first major surgery last week without passing out, an amputation! :O. So she is very proud of herself for not throwing up or something, I cannot imagine. Yea that is weird about kids at D&B's I would never take kids in there, especially at the ones here there is usually a lot of cigarrette smoke. Do you like Bollywood movies? I can give you some good recommendations if you do (although you'll have to watch them all with subtitles most aren't in English like Bride and Prejudice).

 
At 23 March, 2006, Blogger pixie said...

Wow, I can't believe your sister saw an amputation! That is a wee bit nauseating. I just got into the bollywood movies. I love them, they are so fun! Baby's mom has gotten me into them but she only has older ones. I would love some recommedations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home