Thursday, August 25, 2005

Katrina

I have never really gotten along with Katrinas. They always seem to annoy me. Granted I have only known three but it's enough. Now this damn hurricane may not be a person but hence the name. School was closed today and will be tomorrow. I guess on the brightside, I have extra time to read those three chapters. I got up at 6 because the bookstore opens at 8. I thought I would make it in time since they said they wouldn't make any annoucements on the school closing until 10. Well, at 6:30 the school closed. Grrrrr. But hopefully they will reopen on Sat. and I can get everything done. Hopefully the grocery store won't be completely wiped out. I don't need any canned goods so hopefully I will luck out. But some people go crazy in some hurricanes. I blame the news. I mean it has been not stop coverage. Now I could understand if it was another Charley or Frances. But come on people! It's still a Tropical Storm and will most likely be a category 1!! WTF????

I did have to laugh at MTV. One of the people setting up the tents and stuff said they were still going to set them up and play it by ear. Um, ok, it may not be a really bad storm but it is going to rain like a mofo and you think people are going to come out? Sure...... You think they would have planned this a little bit better. I mean August MTV??? In South Florida?? Do you people do any research???

I went to pick up what I thought was a hairball today. I then realized it was a poor deceased lizard without his legs and tail. I screamed like such a girl when I realized what it was. G. laughed his ass off at me. But EWWWWWW! I don't like dead things. Poor lizard. It never stood a chance with Caesar. I need to put a little lizard sign outside my door "Beware of Cat".

I am going to stay a G. tonight. He said I could bring the boys but I think I will leave them here. They did great during Frances. Caesar who is terrified of a little thunderstorm actually went out on the balcony during Frances. I don't know about that cat. I think the strange house would freak them out more. And the car ride itself would send Shakespeare into waves of panic.

Well, I need to do some laundry, clean up a little and of course READ! I can honestly tell people what my plans are for the next two years. Reading, reading, maybe a little bit of sleep, freaking out, reading and hey how about some more reading??? D. was shocked when I said that we had to get through our Fundamental book this semester. He was like what 25 chapters, I laughed and said try 50.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home