Sunday, August 21, 2005

Two More Days!!!!!!

Only two more days until I start nursing school!! ACKKK!!!!!!!!! I went to the meet and greet last Wednesday night. George went with me. It was nice and made some of the fears go away. They had a really nice spread of food too. I was quite impressed. I thought they would just have some drinks and crappy ass cookies. But they had sandwiches, fruit and cheese trays, cookies, brownies and lots of different drinks. It was quite tasty. They had a raffle and of course I didn't win anything. I did see two people that I had classes with previously. So now I know 3 people!!

I still have to buy my med-surg book, my pharmacology book (I didn't know we had one until orientation), my little stuff like pen lights, my shoes, stethoscope, my name tags and two uniforms. I guess we have to wear our name tags to skills lab. I'm kinda screwed there because I want be ordering my name tags until tomorrow. Opps. But I didn't know if I was going to be able to attend. Over 300 people applied and only 90 of us got in. I thought they usually took 100 but I guess not.

I picked George's mom up from the airport Friday. I stayed and had lunch with her. It has been the first time I had been alone with her. I hope she likes me. George says she does but that doesn't mean anything. I never tell someone if my mom doesn't like them. Of course my mom doesn't tell me unless it's not serious. She hated the last guy that I dated. Of course he was a bit dorky. Ok, a lot dorky.

I swear that they have a picture of me in kitchens across America saying "if this woman comes in mess up her food." We went to Fridays last night and I ordered the boneless buffalo strips. It's an appetizer and not that hard to make right? Well, they bring George's entree out first and she's like yours will be out in a minute. WTF??? Since when do you not bring the food out together. That's just bad dining etiquette. Then I get my food and it has but a drizzle of buffalo sauce on it. So it took forever for her to track down. She never once stopped by our table to ask if things were ok. Of course she stop by all the others. Then she takes forever to bring us a check. She cleared the plates, brought me my dessert that I had to go, and left us. When she came back she asked if we wanted anything else. Um, yeah our check???? Then she had to go get it which took for fucking ever. Yeah, she got a two dollar tip. I am so fed up with bad service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home