Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I want to be somewhere else.

It's one of those days. It's actually perfect weather outside but I'm in a funk. Blah, Blah, Blah. I had an ok day. I got to do "real" nursing things today. I wish that we didn't have to do patient care. Oh, how I hate patient care. I got to take out my first Foley, gave my first SQ of Heparin and got to take my first rectal temp. Wooo-hoo! I also got yelled at by my nurse over something really small. We are thrown into a hospital and know nothing. Yet by the powers that be I must be all knowing. Sure. Whatever. All I can keep hearing is that expression "they eat their young"... it is so true. I have met very few nurses that are nice and helpful to us students. I hope I'm not that way we I get out on the floor.

Me and baby took his nephew for the night on Sunday. He will be 4 in three days and did really well with us. He slept without a fight, I got him bathed and dressed without one problem. We took him to Chuck E. Cheese for lunch and he rode some train ride 20,000 times!! Screw the games, he just wanted to sit in a chair that rocked back and forth. I did get in one game of skee ball though. Then we took him to the mall for his birthday shopping. That is where we found out he has a little shopping diva in him. We should have never let that kid loose in baby GAP. $300 later we were done with his birthday shopping and we wore him out. He fell asleep on the way back home. He told baby, you talk to M. I'm going to look at outside. I look back and he was out.
I have to say that even thought he wasn't any trouble that he did wear me out. We picked up some halal chicken and a cheeseburger for me. I'm going to start cooking more on the weekends. I think since baby is doing so well that he shouldn't be eating haram. I picked up some Kosher meat since the halal place is far away from me. I just have to remember that boy can eat. I am so use to cooking for one.

Well, Off to the land of Psychiatric Nursing I go. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home