Friday, January 06, 2006

Recap of my holiday

Well, I can say it was a very interesting New Year. I really don't know where to begin so I will just write a little about each day.

Thursday: My friends got into town, went to the mall, got my hair done. I LOVE my new hairdresser. She is very awesome and she doesn't charge a small fortune and she is 5 min. away from my house!

Friday: This day was spent mostly in malls and running errands. We went to two different malls and to find something to wear on New Year's. Ironically both of us girls wore something that we already had. I did get my jeans hemmed and they fit and look awesome. I returned the top baby gave me. I can't justify having a $140 top that I will wear maybe once or twice. So I exchanged my Citizens and returned the top and got a pair of 7's.

I was also questioned by the police!!! I was an actual suspect. How weird is that? Apparently the day before some girl that fit my description tried kicking in someone's door. But I guess she had the wrong apartment. The cop actually followed me around to three stores. I thought he was freaking kidding me. Seriously!! But I didn't do it and I have people who can vouch my whereabouts at the time of the crime. Ok, never thought those words would be coming out of my mouth. I told the police office that I would never be caught dead in a matching purple outfit and a scrunchy. Do I look like I'm in first grade? Ok, I really didn't tell him that but I was thinking it. Like I am going to talk back to a police officer. I'm not that crazy. Besides I was nervous and scared. He was a good looking police officer though.

Sat.: Ok, New Year's Eve. Well, this night was fucked up. We bought tickets to Space because I really wanted to go and haven't been in a really long time. I was ready for some fun but it just wasn't in the stars that night. I was the only one not drinking and baby ended up trashed. He was celebrating because he got salesmen of the month and broke the record for the most cars sold. 22 in one month! But C. ended up getting kicked out just after one and then baby wanted to drive and we wouldn't let him so he got all kinds of pissed off. We waited for C. until four in the morning outside but he went and passed out in the wrong parking lot. Well, by this point we thought he was in jail so we left. Well, an hour later he showed up at my apartment. Not fun at all. I was a little mad because no one was pacing themselves. If they had none of this would have happened. See why I don't drink anymore.

Sunday: Was a recovery day we just hung around the apartment and watched movies.

Monday: We went and saw the King Tut exhibition. I was rather disappointed. Very boring. And not worth the freaking $30 to get in. Bastards. I showed them some of Ft. Lauderdale. I wanted to take them out but they wanted to go home.

Tuesday: P. wanted to see SOBE so we headed there. Well, that was a disaster. Blah. We went and walked around and decided to eat dinner there. Well, I have to say I got the worst service ever! The waiter was total crap as was the manager. He started off on the wrong foot with me because he wanted to argue about the lunch special. The menu says it runs until 5pm, dude its only 3:45. I can read, moron. Then he brings the drinks and bread. No plates for the bread. Brings the appetizer. Still no plates. Had to hunt him down to get more drinks and bread. The people next to us were like "excuse me we are ready to order!". They were there awhile too. Well, he hardly checks on us and after awhile I realize that it has been an hour and a half since we ordered. WTF? The food finally comes out and mine, baby's and J. are cold. The plates are hot food so isn't. But P. and C. are steaming hot. I am PISSED. I told the waiter to take mine back. I wasn't going to eat it nor was I going to pay for it. J. did the same thing.
We complained and the waiter blamed it on us ordering an appetizer. It was a fucking quesidilla. Then he blamed the restaurant because of being busy, then the chefs, blah, blah,blah. Well, we finally got the manager and he was like what do you want me to do. Well, lets see here.... After lots of bitching he said we could keep the cold ass food and he would take it off. Fuck no. Then he finally offered to replace the cold ass food free of charge. Still no game with me. I said that I don't want the food. I am not trying to get a free dinner. I am trying to get good service with my food. So none of us but C. ate. That's because we forced him because he is diabetic. The bill came to a 79 dollars because J. and P. had 6 margaritas. They were the only ones drinking. Well, there was a $10 gratuity added on. I refused to leave it or any tip. I never not tip but I wasn't going to tip him. Well, he came over to see why we weren't. He gave the sad story of being an immigrant. Not going to fly with baby. You can't speak to him and tell he is an island boy you stupid fuck? Then I proceeded to explain why I didn't tip him. He cut me off when I started going into Time Management Skills. If you don't want to know, don't ask! I know people thought we were making a big deal about nothing but you do not wait an hour and a half for food. Especially when all the other tables get theirs and are already gone. Um, hello?
All that aside it was a fun day. We ended up in Ft. Lauderdale at the beach were the drinks were cheap, food was good, service was EXCELLENT and there was football!!!!!! I hate fucking Miami sometimes.

I had my first class yesterday. I have a med/surg rotation first. Which really rocks. I got the closest two hospitals next to me. Med/Surg in Boca and OB in Boynton Beach. The semester really has me worried. My books came today so I have no excuse for not studying. Blah! I only have one person from my old clinical in my new rotation. Boo-hoo. But most of my friends are in my Med/Surg lecture. Thank goodness. I would have been so lonely! Well, off I got to finish cleaning and do some studying. What a fun Friday night!!!!!!!!!!!:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home