Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Smiling once again

Well, I feel much better today. I mean I still have that underlying anxiety that I always get towards the end of the semester but other than that I'm good. I'm over the whole hospital experience. I guess I'm just frustrated because I feel like I'm not learning anything. I talked to other students who feel the same way. It's odd. I really enjoy the lecture part but I dread the hospital. That is so unlike me because going to the hospital is my favorite part. As it should, one would hope.
I took my exam today and did really well on it. Thank goodness for something. I also found out today that I will be taking my second exam when I get back from convention. I wanted to take it before but I guess this will just give me a little extra time to study. (Yeah, right)
I'm pretty excited about going to Baltimore. It will be nice to get away for a bit. Of course I'm dreading the weather!!!! I'm so going to freeze.
I read an article on yahoo today that I thought was interesting. Delray Beach was mentioned in the article and it was about the whole housing developing boom. The article talked about how quick we are to tear down the old and build "McMansions". I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who is concerned about this. I was just telling baby yesterday how all the houses look so cookie cutter and I miss unique houses. The housing market down here is just crazy. Everyone wants to build "luxury" condos and huge mansions. I guess that only the rich are suppose to live here. Developers just want to build, build, build. I also found it amusing that the developer said that since he wasn't building in the Everglades he didn't see what the problem was. Is he serious? Do people have any sense of history? It scares me how money hungry people can be. Speaking of money hungry, I hear that Wal-Mart is trying to open it's market to India. Nice. And we seriously wonder why people hate us?

5 Comments:

At 30 March, 2006, Blogger *krystyn* said...

Yay for your test and doing well...I can report the same - so glad to have that over with and I got an A on my paper too! Phew!

I hear ya' on the money hungry folks -it's really sick..and sad.

 
At 30 March, 2006, Blogger pixie said...

I'm so glad that you got an A on your paper!!

 
At 03 April, 2006, Blogger peachy said...

Hey!! I'm in Baltimore. When are you coming?

 
At 03 April, 2006, Blogger Cindi said...

Are you currently a nurse going for higher degree or a first time nursing student? I feel for you--I'm 12 years out from my Bachelor's in nursing and still haven't started that Master's program I had planned on. Hang in there, clinicals really stink the real world is easier.

 
At 03 April, 2006, Blogger pixie said...

Peachy:I'm going tomorrow and leaving Sunday. I so need to get away!

Cindi: I'm a first time nursing student. I hope to get my MSN but at the rate I'm going I might be 80 when that happens:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home