Monday, March 27, 2006


Well, I thought I was going to have a fun day in the nursery. HA! I have never been so freaking bored at a clinical rotation as I have today. I think my nurse truly hated me to top it off. We had a substitute instructor today. What is the phrase if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all? That sums that up.
So, I wasn't able to do any vital signs, feed or change any diapers. One nurse, who was a floater was the only one nice to me. The only one. The others apparently really hate their job because I heard them do nothing but bitch and then bitch some more. Oh, but I did get to watch the "volunteer" feed and change a baby. Yeah, that will help in the real world.
After spending an hour delivering babies to the mammas I decided to wander around to find something to do. I was told to get back to the nursery as their was always something there I could do. WTF ever lady. I sat on my ass for 4.5 fucking hours. I am not kidding.
I got to watch a circumcision. That was the highlight of my day. Woo. But the baby was a trooper. He barley cried.
There are more irritations about the hospital day but I guess I will cut them off there. It just sucked ass.
I was at the gas station today and the guy behind me told me that I was cute and that I should hear it everyday. How wierd is that?? It did make me laugh though.

5 Irritations of the day

1. People who want to cut me off and then proceed to drive slow
2. Nurses who hate their job. STOP bitching, find a different area. There are way to many things to do in this profession. Get over it and move the fuck on.
3. My inability to stop cursing lately. I am beginning to sound like a sailor.
4. Second semester.
5. Women who do drugs while they are pregnant. There is just no excuse for this. NONE

5 good things.

1. My boyfriend taking me out to lunch and cheering me up
2. my mom letting me vent and bitch to her about my crappy day
3. I'm in nursing school. I just have to keep telling myself it will be worth it.
4. Second semester will end.
5. Taking a cat nap with my kitties.

3 Comments:

At 28 March, 2006, Blogger Southern Masala said...

Funny cartoon, I will have to pass it on to my sister. Sorry you are having a bad day. Just think about how much better you can do compared to those lazy nurses. Learn in the negative from them , meaning, when you see the way they are acting, file it away in your head as to how you never want to be as a nurse. Maybe then it can still be a learning experience even though they suck!

 
At 28 March, 2006, Blogger *krystyn* said...

I'm glad that your BF took you to lunch and cheered you up -that's awesome!

Sounds like that nurse lady needs an enema or something.

Thank goodness 2nd semester will end - I feel the very very same way!!

 
At 29 March, 2006, Blogger pixie said...

southern Masala: You're right, I will always think of this when I want to stay negative on my job and hopefully I will remember this when I will have a student one day.

Krystyn: She really did need an enema!!:) Hahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home