Wednesday, April 19, 2006

13 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm free!!!! Second semester will be done and over with!!!!! I am so over this semester. I just found out yesterday that we have a summer reading list. WTF??? Yeah, way to ruin my summer vacation. Grrrr. It will be a busy summer. I'm going to Alaska for a month which I am super excited about. I can not wait to see my mom. I miss her so much! Then I have to plan some things to do around the community for NSNA and we also have to have some fundraisers this summer for our class account. Blah, Blah, Blah.
I went to NICU Monday and I LOVED IT!!!!!!!! I did get to go to the NICU at my hospital but it was just to observe. This NICU was huge!!! Tons of babies!!! I finally got to do some assessments on newborns. Yeah, it's only about time. The baby that I fed puked on me. :( But at least he felt better.:) I also got to insert my first NG tube!!!! That was fun!!!
The one thing that is hard about being in this area is seeing how many young moms are out there and how many moms are abusing while they are pregnant. I don't think that snorting coke at 39 weeks is such a great plan.
I was on the phone talking to a friend when her house shook. We thought maybe a plane had crashed but nope a house just exploded!!! EXPLODED!!! Well, the first thing that popped into my head was meth lab. Well, that's what officials think it is too. NICE. Luckily no one was hurt. I would hate to think that children could've been in the house.

1 Comments:

At 19 April, 2006, Blogger *krystyn* said...

Yay for only 13 more days..me too, but I have 14 actually..it will go by very fast I'm sure.

Enjoy Alaska!! Sorry about the reading list-that stinks. Im taking summer classes so I'll only get about 1 month of "fun" reading in. :-(

Yikes on the Meth lab neighbor...geez!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home