Sunday, April 02, 2006

Random Bits of Nothing

Well, I think I may be the world's biggest procrastinator. I really think I may need therapy. I have a million things on my to do list and I haven't done a darn thing! I so need to pack but can not for the life of me figure out what to wear. It doesn't help that most of my wardrobe is suited for the climate of South Florida.
I went to the Indian boutique yesterday and picked up the most gorgeous shalwar kameez and a tunic so I could have more choices when I get more time to go to the masjid more frequently. The shop owner is extremely nice and we started talking and he asked if my boyfriend was making me convert. I laughed and said no one could never make me do anything that I didn't want to! I do have Irish blood in me after all:)
Me and baby had dinner at this fabulous Middle Eastern restaurant. I will be going back because the food was just fantastic. And the service was wonderful too. Of course when we walked in the group of men by the door just stop their conversation and looked us up and down. Baby didn't notice but he never notices stuff like that.
Well, today we went for lunch and it wasn't as good. The first place we walked out of because it was just nasty. Then we decide to try this Mexican place right next to. Well, I wasn't really hungry and decide that I just wanted one cheese enchiladas. No go. Apparently you could only get combos. WTF?? I don't want three enchiladas and rice and beans. I hate wasting food!! So I decided not to eat. Well, I'm glad I didn't. The salsa was horrific and as soon as baby's food was brought out the waiter killed this HUGE roach that was climbing on the wall. Yeah, his appetite was gone after that.
Ok, I am so going to have to get off my bum and exercise. I was really bummed today when I went to try on my favorite pair of pants and they are way to tight. I have been eating way to much junk food too. Blah. Damn, why can't chips and chocolate be good for you! And why, oh why do I have to crave it!

2 Comments:

At 04 April, 2006, Blogger Southern Masala said...

I love wearing the kameez tops over jeans for a combo east/west look. The tunic tops are called kurtis. :) I told you before that I would give you some Bollywood recommendations. These are some of my favorites: Baghban, Lagaan, Hollywood/Bollywood,
Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, and
Kal Ho Naa Ho. That should get you started. For a really good film about the partition of India and Pakistan, watch Earth. I would love to know whether you like them, so let me know if you get to see any!

 
At 10 April, 2006, Blogger *krystyn* said...

Wow -you've been gone for a long time now...come up for air!! Hope you are doing ok!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home