Thursday, August 24, 2006

Happy Birthday Sis!!!

I want you to know that I am so happy that you are not only my sister but my friend. I am so very proud of the wonderful woman that you have turned into. I know that things haven't always been easy for you but you haven't let that get you down. You have just picked up the pieces and kept moving. I think you are amazing for doing that.
I know that you were afraid of what kind of mom you would be but I never thought that you would be any less than wonderful. I know David will know what a great gift God has given him by giving him you as a mom.
I remember the day that mom brought you home and I was so excited. I had visions of a live baby doll that I would be able to play with and dress in beautiful clothes. All that vanished when I realized that you would have none of that and you were more intent on pulling the legs and heads off my Barbies. You have always had that independent spirit and god help anyone who would stand in your way!
I am so glad that I'm your big sister. I only wished we lived closer so I could stop by and have a cup of tea and just talk whenever I was in the neighborhood. I wish that we were able to go shopping together and watch our children grow up next to each other.
I hope that you realize that me and mom love you very much and I was so happy that day you came home. Happy Birthday Samantha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home