Sunday, June 05, 2005

Home Sweet Home

I can't believe I am about to say this but I am homesick. I have no idea what has brought this on but I miss Indy today. I have no desire to move back. There is truly nothing left there for me. I have hardly any family there. I mean I do have friends but is that a reason to move somewhere that you never belonged? I always felt the urge to escape.

I miss getting a burger and tater tots at the Mug and Bun. I miss knowing where everything is. I knew the place like the back of my hand. The short cuts, what places to avoid at certain hours.
I miss sitting outside at Wings and Things. I miss the strong drinks at the Alley Kat. I really miss Marsh. I miss running into people at the store or driving down the road. I miss the radio stations. I miss the three hour drive my mom's old place in Chicago.

I really miss Chicago. *Sigh* The clubs, Deerfield's Bakery, Woodfield, Wrigley Field.

I miss my house and my June bug and his parents.

It has been two years and 6 months since I have left and sometimes it feels like yesterday. Funny but I really don't miss the boy. That actually kinda hurts to say considering I was with him for five years. I wonder if he ever misses me? Do I truly want to know?

I blame all this on the rain. Damn raining season in Florida. And I thought about moving to Seattle at one point.
I. Am. Insane.

The color of the sky is grey as I can see through the blinds. Lift my head from the pillow and then fall again with a shiver in my bones just thinking about the weather. A quiver in my voice as I cry, "What a cold and a rainy day. Where on Earth is the sun hid away?" I shiver, quiver, and try to wake. -1o,ooo Maniacs.

I love music, it seems there is always a song to fit any mood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home