Saturday, August 27, 2005

Surprised

Well, the hurricane is over and life is back to normal. At least for those of us who have no damage. I live in a very good area. I never lost power, internet, cable or phone service. I did get a small leak in my bedroom but it was minimal. I was very surprised by how bad the flooding was. It was suppose to hit right down the street from me but decided to head south instead. I hope that my brother is ok, I need to call him tonight. Katrina decided to make a visit to his place. She seems to have gotten pissed off along the way too.

I went out and did some errands today. I went up and picked up a shirt and stethoscope. The shirt is freaking huge! I lucked out because they only had one. I went and got my Pharm. book too. I stood in line at the bookstore for 20 min.! I didn't think it would be so bad but it wasn't as bad as last week. I still have to get my id changed but I think I will do that next week. Maybe it won't be so bad by then. I might try the Boca campus. It might be better too.

I was on my way home when my car overheated.:( I think it's my thermostat which shouldn't be so bad. I need to fill out my loan application tomorrow. I really need to get some stuff done to my poor car. I made it to Costco and parked my car so it could cool off. I come out and the line at the light is horrible of I turned off my car. Of course it wouldn't start right away and instead of going around me like any intelligent person would do she decides to start honking at me. I mean you see me trying to start my car. What the fuck do you want me to do you stupid ass old bitch. I totally lost my cool. But really, how hard is it to go the fuck around? It really surprises me that the human race as lasted as long as it as with all the stupidity going around.

Some little five year old boy was flirting with me today. Hehehe. He starts talking to me and his mom is like "you know he's flirting with you?" I love kids, they can be so cute.

G. was be a perv in the car Thursday and I told him that I had to behave myself because I have to be careful about things like cursing and stuff like that. They make us sing this contract in Nursing School about appropriate behavior and such. He laughed and said how that was going to work. I do curse like a sailor. I really need to work on that.

I have to say how disappointed I am in some of the complexes and housing additions around here. We ventured out Thursday night for food and I couldn't believe how many flags I saw up. Shame on you people!! I mean come on. If you are going to have pride and fly the flag then you need to show it the proper respect. I consider myself a liberal person but that is one thing that I do not believe in is being disrespectful to our flag. I know it's a hurricane and you have things to do but please take down your flags, bring lose objects from your yard and patio INSIDE!!!!!!! I just get so disappointed in people sometimes. I try to do the right thing, try to follow the rules and does it really matter when everyone else just lives by their own?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home