Monday, August 28, 2006

The Waiting Game

So I wasn't too worried about this Hurricane Ernesto. Not one bit. They said it would brush the tip of South Florida. No worries. I get up and turn on the news to the man saying "today is the day to prepare people!". Great. So it could be a hurricane. It could be a tropical storm. Or it could be nothing at all. All I know is that now I'm in the freaking path of the first hurricane of the season. Yeehaw.
I'm not as prepared as I would like to be. But whoever is? I went and got kitty litter, chocolate and toilet paper. I really don't need anything, masha allah.
What pisses me off is that I have to miss my first lecture tomorrow. And i have more Frontloading on Wed. and skills check off on Thursday. Every freaking year our schedule gets messed up! Grr....But I will count my blessings. I will still have a school to go to.
So I was going to go get gas after class and so nixed that. You should see the craziness at the gas pumps. Some people are just a tad bit over zealous. Just a little.
So I just have to cover my computer, bring in my plants and patio furniture and store my scrapbooks. Then we wait.

4 Comments:

At 29 August, 2006, Blogger tamara said...

Your hurricane provisions are quite adequate. Just the important stuff. In Arkansas, we do not have hurricanes. We have a tornado or 2 but that is hard to plan for. However, the first snowflake that hits the ground....the stores are full of people buying tons and tons of supplies. Like we are going to have a blizzard. Never had a blizzard here and I have lived here all my life! It is the only time I have nearly been run down by little old ladies with a Walmart shopping cart!

 
At 29 August, 2006, Blogger peachy said...

I hope the hurricane passes you by. Scary though.

 
At 30 August, 2006, Blogger samantha meli said...

Sis I know how you feel, when rita came here you would have thought people were stocking up for a nuclear holocaust! It was insane. I to was almost run over at walmart by a littleold lady and I was 7 months pregnant. If looks could kill that lady would b dead right now!

Call me as soon as the storm passes and let me know how you and mom are doing! I miss you girls tons. Hopefull I can come see yall soon! Much love from H-town!


Also I started updating my blog again take a looksey! LOL!

 
At 30 August, 2006, Blogger pixie said...

Tamara: I usually keep a running stock of supplies during the season so I don't have to worry to much. I worry to much!!:) I HATE tornadoes. That was the one thing I hated about living in the Midwest. I bet they do go crazy when they talk about snow!!!

Peachy:We got lucky! Just a light tropical storm!!! Woo-hoo!!!

Sis: About damn time you updated your blog!!!:) I will call once George gets home from work. I left my phone at his house. Duh. I see nothing wrong in our area. Not even branches!! The palm tree did tear up my bedroom window though. But it just needs to be trimmed. Stupid palm tree.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home